Monday, March 7, 2011

just a thought

Alright, aside from the usual "cool" posts, I have something [or someone rather] to get off my chest:

Someone very close to me constantly tells me - "Brooke, you need to just chill and live" and I think to myself...[[well, that's easy for you to say]]. 


This thought, along with a song by Adele, whom has the most beautiful voice I've heard in a LONG time [[Hiding My Heart]] got me thinking. I have had a very long term relationship and the opposite of that, very short term flings in my short lifetime.


My question is: Is it possible to meet someone you should possibly be with, but not at the right time?

The song by Adele reminds me of this question. In the song she says she has met this person during a low point in her life and he made everything great, but still - she runs from this? Is she afraid to be happy? Is she afraid that it won't work out? I feel as though people who have been hurt in past relationships are afraid to move forward with this person [no matter how perfect they know they are for one another] because either one or both people feel like it will result in failure.

Why have I been consecutively hurt, but am still willing to put myself out there? Because of this, I continue to get let down. If you meet that person and You know it, why would you "hide your heart"? It just seems silly to pretend nothing is there, and waste valuable memories? I don't know. Maybe I am just over-analyzing people and current situations.

Do y'all agree with me on this? Has this happened to you before? I love Adele because so many situations I've been through before, she writes about - so beautifully, too. Check her out she really is a bisous!! ;)



This is how the story went
I met someone by accident
It blew me away
It blew me away

It was in the darkest of my days
When you took my sorrow and you took my pain
And buried them away, you buried them away

I wish I could lay down beside you
When the day is done
And wake up to your face against the morning sun
But like everything I've ever known
You disappear one day
So I spend my whole life hiding my heart away

Drop you off at the train station
Put a kiss on top of your head
Watch you wave
Watched you wave

Then I went on home to your skyscrapers
Neon lights and waiting papers
That you call home
I call it home

I wish I could lay down beside you
When the day is done
And wake up to your face against the morning sun
But like everything I've ever known
You disappear one day
So I spend my whole life hiding my heart away

I woke up feeling heavy hearted
I'm going back to where I started
The morning rain, the morning rain
Although I wish that you were here
That same old road that brought me here
Is calling me home, It's calling me home

I wish I could lay down beside you
When the day is done
And wake up to your face against the morning sun
But like everything I've ever known
You disappear one day
So I spend my whole life hiding my heart away
And I can spend my whole life hiding my heart away.









{millebisous}

No comments:

Post a Comment